Six fun things to check out this weekend in NYC
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS They may not all be about beating the heat, but if you’re looking around for some fun stuff to do this weekend, we’ve got you covered.
1. Who ya gonna call? Love it or hate it — the much talked about “Ghostbusters” reboot is in theatres this weekend nationwide.
2. Saturday July 16th is Hudson River Park’s first annual music festival, Hudson RiverStage, from 2-9 p.m. at Pier 97. Musical acts include Americana favorites such as Deer Tick, Margo Price, Anais Mitchell, and more.
3. Have some fun exploring PlayTimesSquared, a free public festival of games infused with technology created by students from NYU MAGNET (Media and games network) 12-4 p.m. today or 2-6 p.m. Saturday at the Broadway pedestrian plazas between 42nd and 43rd Sts. and 44th and 45th Sts.
4. Check out the new Dynamic H2O exhibit at the Children’s Museum of Manhattan where kids can cool off and play in the new 800-foot space featuring interactive and colorful exhibits. Suitable for all ages.
5. Remember legendary jazz musician Louis Armstrong this weekend at the 3rd Annual Louis Armstrong’s Wonderful World Festival this Saturday at Flushing Meadows Corona Park in Queens, the site of the 1964 World’s Fair. Enjoy music performances, activities and an indoor beer garden all for free while walking around the park’s famous structures and museum attractions.
6. New York burger lovers rejoice! Shake Shack opens a new location in Fulton Center today at 200 Broadway.
By Tracy Brock