Every year CMOM hosts benefit events to celebrate the Museum’s achievements, programs and future projects. Proceeds from these events support CMOM’s arts, education, health and cultural programs for children and families throughout New York City.
On May 21, 2012, friends of the Children’s Museum of Manhattan gathered together for the 2012 Spring Benefit to support our vital community outreach programs. We could not have imagined a more inspired and heartfelt celebration of our commitment to families, the arts, health and education.
The event recognized the enormous contribution to our city by Laurie M. Tisch with the inaugural Laurie M. Tisch Awards honoring MacArthur Fellow, artist and U.S. representative at the prestigious 2013 Venice Biennale, Sarah Sze, and her husband, physician and Pulitzer Prize winning author, Dr. Siddhartha Mukherjee. The award underscored the power of transformational experiences and spaces that can fuel artistic imagination and connect the emotional and physical lives of children. Indeed, it is our collective responsibility to ensure a bright future for all children, but especially for those in greatest need.
Corporate Leadership Award recipient Rick Woldenburg, CEO of Learning Resources® reminded us that the shared commitment to early childhood education and family learning transcends bottom lines and that, together, for-profits and non-profits can make lasting improvements in the learning lives of children and families.
We were also honored to have Dawn White, Center Director at the Police Athletic League Head Start in Brownsville, Brooklyn, inspire us with her personal story of success and empowerment. Dawn provided first hand testimony of how CMOM’s EatSleepPlay training has helped to transform her community. View »
Here are some other past CMOM galas!
- Spring 20011: CMOM Eats! Ffriends of CMOM gathered at the homes of Chair, Board of the Directors: halley k harrisburg, Vice Chair, Board of Directors — Miyoung Lee and Board Member — Christiane Lemieux for an intimate dinner to celebrate another incredible year at the Museum. We were thrilled to be joined by amazing company for a special evening!
- Spring 2010: CMOM Celebrates Andy! Gala to celebrate 20-year leadership of Andrew S. Ackerman as CMOM’s Executive Director, and his service to families throughout New York City in health, the arts, literacy and early childhood education.
- Spring 2009: The Laurie Berkner Band - Concert with Laurie Berkner Band and David Weinstone
- Fall 2008: Chris Rock - Benefit event to provide free CMOM admission for Head Start families
- Spring 2008: Adventures with Dora & Diego - Celebrating the opening of the exhibit Adventures with Dora & Diego
- Fall 2007: A Nite Out - An adult benefit to support CMOM’s ongoing efforts with unprivileged children across New York City
- Spring 2007: Gods, Myths and Mortals - Celebrating the opening of the exhibit Gods, Myths & Mortals: Discover Ancient Greece
- Fall 2006: Work Hard? Play Hard! - Celebrating the opening of Playworks™, an entire floor at CMOM devoted to early childhood play and learning
- Spring 2006: The Magic of Sharing - Live interactive performances by Tony Nominated Star of Disney’s The Lion King, Clifton Oliver
- Fall 2005: The Art of Andy Warhol - Celebrating the opening of his exhibit at CMOM