Tips for Your Visit
Come to CMOM ready to play! Because we don’t allow eating in the museum, we suggest that you feed your child before your visit. Save your admission stickers for same-day free re-entry should you need to leave the museum for lunch or a snack. Check here for nearby dining options.
CMOM is bursting with fun, but short on stroller space. Please bring a stroller that folds or leave it at home to avoid the stroller check line and get straight to the fun!
Membership is a great way to save! It gives you a whole year of fun! If you plan to visit the Museum three or four times in the next twelve months, a membership is the way to go! Learn more about membership at CMOM.
Stop by the CMOM Store to find exhibit-related toys, books, games and puzzles to extend your CMOM experience. The fun and learning will continue long after your visit.
Learning can be messy, gooey and wet sometimes! Wear comfortable clothes and consider bringing an extra change of clothes. CMOM provides waterproof smocks for children engaged in wet and messy activities.
You and your child can participate in fun workshops and activities FREE with admission. Stop at the yellow Visitor Information Desk in the 1st floor lobby to learn about drop-in programs, pick up tickets for weekend performances and sign up for special workshops. Performance tickets are available one hour before each show, on a first-come basis.
CMOM maintains rigorous cleaning and sanitizing standards to help our visitors stay healthy. Hand sanitizers are located throughout the Museum. We encourage our visitors to practice good habits to stay healthy: wash your hands often, cough and sneeze into your upper sleeve, and stay home if you or your child are not feeling well. For more information about H1N1 Flu (swine flu) and how to prevent it, go to: http://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/ or http://www.nyc.gov/flu.
All of our bathrooms (including the Men's rooms) are equipped with diaper changing tables.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult age 18 or older.
- Strollers must be left at Coat Check. For a more enjoyable visit, we suggest you leave your stroller at home.
- CMOM reserves the right to store strollers in a safe outdoor storage area.
- No food or beverages are permitted in the Museum.
- All groups larger than 15 children must have a reservation.
Let’s stay clean, safe and healthy together!
- When sick, CMOM recommends that staff members and museum guests remain home until their fever has been gone for a period of 24 hours without use of fever reducing medications.
- CMOM recommends that all guests receive a yearly flu shot and the MMR vaccine. More about CMOM's health and saftey policies »
- CMOM Visitor Services staff keep trained eyes and efforts on all Museum areas, but guests are welcome and encouraged to notify any Museum staff member if an area or object needs cleaning or maintenance attention. More about CMOM's cleaning policies »